Doctors from Basildon and Brentwood Clinical Commissioning Group are urging people to be ready for Easter by planning ahead.
By following the simple steps published here, you will get the long weekend off to a good start and know where to look for advice should the need arise:
- Be prepared – make sure you get any prescriptions and medicines you might need before the holiday season starts
- Don’t forget to order your regular prescriptions in advance and make sure you collect enough medication to last throughout the Easter period
- Remember to take your prescribed medication with you if you are visiting family or friends
- Keep a well-stocked medicine cabinet at home, with medicines such as paracetamol - which can treat a number of everyday illnesses - cough and sore throat remedies, upset stomach treatment, heartburn and indigestion treatment and a first aid kit
- Take early action – seek advice from your local pharmacy if you have a long term health condition and are starting to feel unwell before it gets more serious.Your local pharmacist can offer medical advice on a range of common conditions - speak to them for help choosing an over-the-counter medicine that will work best for you and other self care advice
Health services in Basildon and Brentwood over the Easter holiday:
A selection of community pharmacies will be open to offer advice and treatments.
Download the full list of Easter pharmacy opening times for south west Essex here