Members of our Patient and Community Reference Group have the opportunity to ask questions and give their views directly to our Chair Dr Adegboyega Tayo and Clinical Accountable Officer Lisa Allen.
These Q&A sessions take place several times a year:
10 June 2019
The AO gave an overview of the Operation Plan 2019/20. Concerns were raised regarding patient involvement in the PCNs.
The AO went through the 6 primary care networks showing the practices that make up each PCN and confirmed that the PCNs will deliver the extended GP access services.
Concerns were raised regarding:
- Patient transport and the difficulties patients have from Brentwood and Wickford to hospital appointments. Also concerns that escorts are not allowed on transport with patients if they do not meet the criteria.
- A request to prescribe INR testing machines and strips to patients capable and willing to do self-testing was raised
- Concerns regarding medication prescribed by hospital consultants and patients having to return to the hospital to collect prescriptions.
21 October 2019
- Questions regarding the new build Laindon surgery and the services and facilities that will be provided
- How can patients be more involved in the planning of services to be offered by the PCNs and how will the PCNs engage with patients and the community
- The patient engagement structure was discussed and no changes are expected in the near future
- Ambulance response times was raised and it was reported that a recovery plan is in place and key actions
- Medication supply issues were raised and it was confirmed that this is a national issue and the CCG medicines management team are providing guidance to GPs
- INR self-testing was raised again and it was confirmed that the self-testing strips will be included in the formulary by the end of 2019 for GPs to prescribe
- Concern was raised regarding the patient’s issues being considered by the STP
- Concern was raised around an outside company being asked to set up the Citizen’s panel and this would be a virtual group. Patient involvement with the STP and PCNs was again discussed
- Brentwood patients who asked at the AGM how transport will be address for patients having difficulty travelling to Southend Hospital
- Health visitors and midwife visits were raised and information about family hubs was provided
Another Q&A session is booked for 24 February 2020.
Our Annual Meeting also gives everyone the opportunity to ask senior members of the CCG questions.