The NHS in Essex is making sure everyone has access to useful information about COVID-19 and the vaccination programme. A range of materials in different languages including Polish, Romanian and Chinese, along with information in different formats including easy-read leaflets, and video, can be found on the recently launched Essex-wide website www.essexcovidvaccine.nhs.uk. This will help make sure that we reach as many of our diverse communities across Essex as possible.
The information available covers a range of topics including:
• General vaccination advice and guidance
• Easy-read information for people with learning difficulties
• Resources for people with sensory impairment
• Information on why you have to wait for a vaccine and what to expect afterwards
• Advice for older adults and pregnant women
• Advice for using transport
• Key information for migrants
Dr Sunil Gupta, a GP and Senior Responsible Officer for promoting equality and reducing inequalities in mid and south Essex said: “We want to make sure everyone in Essex has access to the latest information about COVID-19 and getting vaccinated. This includes residents from our diverse communities who we know can sometimes be hesitant about getting a vaccination.
“This can be down to language barriers in our communities as well as the need to make information available in a range of formats that are easily understood. Providing translated information in a resident’s own language is an essential part of getting everyone vaccinated and protecting our communities.”