Who do you know who has gone the extra mile to provide exceptional care this winter?
From 4 to 10 March we will be holding the first Winter Heroes Week and it is your chance to give a little back by saying thank you. It gives everyone in mid and south Essex the chance to acknowledge NHS health and social care, council or voluntary sector staff that have been their heroes this winter. Patients, their friends and families, work colleagues and professional peers can all nominate their personal heroes.
Get involved in #WinterHeroesWeek on social media It is easy to take part by using social media to say thank you to an individual, team or organisation that has helped you by using the hashtags #WinterHeroesWeek #BeAWinterHero #ThankYouNHS
Be a winter hero
You can also be a winter hero by doing a few simple things to help you and your family Live Well this winter.
Look after yourself and your family by:
- Getting your flu jab.
- Downloading our free Mid Essex Childhood health app on your phone via the apple or android stores
Look after your neighbours by:
- Popping in for a cuppa or knocking on their door to see if they’re okay or need anything.
- Helping keep drives and pathways clear from snow and rubbish.
Be prepared by:
- Keeping an eye on the weather and planning your journeys: keep up to date with transport links and traffic reports.
- Making sure your medicine cabinets stocked for winter.
Find out more
Get involved in our Winter Heroes campaign by searching #WinterHeroesWeek #BeAWinterHero #ThankYouNHS on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram.