One You is a ground-breaking new campaign from Public Health England to help adults across the country avoid future diseases caused by our lifestyles.
One You is here to help you to move more, eat well, drink less alcohol and be smoke free.
One You will also provide information on how you can reduce your stress levels and
- To stay healthy it’s recommended you do at least 150 minutes of moderate activity every
week. This can easily be broken down to five sessions of 30 minutes of aerobic
activity such as cycling or fast walking
- It’s also important do strength exercises on 2 days of the week that work all
the major muscles (legs, hips, back, abdomen, chest, shoulders and arms)
- A great way to start is to download the Couch to 5K app now. It has been designed to get
you off the couch and running in just nine weeks. Grab your trainers and follow the stepby-
- Being active is really good for your body, mind and health - and there are lots of easy
ways you and your family can get moving
- If you don’t do enough exercise, you increase your risk of getting heart disease and
some types of cancer. Getting some exercise each day can also help prevent depression
- It’s easy to move more and doing something is better than nothing. Start small and build