Basildon and Brentwood Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) are committed to improving the experience and outcomes for children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) in Basildon and Brentwood. The CCG works jointly with Essex County Council and the children and their families to deliver services that meet the needs of the local community.
Basildon and Brentwood CCG aspires to :
- Ensure that children and families are at the heart of an effective Special Educational Needs system
- Ensure every child and young person is making good progress and attends a good place to learn
- Ensure children and families are well supported
- Ensure an effective and responsive approach to assessing and meeting children and families’ needs
- Ensure the early identification of and early support for children with SEND
- Ensure young people are well prepared for adulthood
Basildon and Brentwood CCG have a Designated Clinical Officer for SEND who can be contacted via the CCG to support parents and their children in accessing appropriate health care services and working with partner agencies to ensure the child or young person has access to high quality education.
Please feel free to contact the Designated Clinical Officer on 01268 594350 to request advice and support.
Essex local offer: http://www.essexlocaloffer.org.uk/
Health Visiting and School Nursing: http://essexfamilywellbeing.co.uk/
NELFT Children’s Community Services
Children’s Community Nursing team https://www.nelft.nhs.uk/services-bsbwtk-community-childrens-nursing
Community Paediatricians https://www.nelft.nhs.uk/services-bsbwtk-community-paediatrics
Children’s Integrated community teams (Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy and Speech and language therapy) https://www.nelft.nhs.uk/services-essex-childrens-integrated-therapies
Specialist services for children with Disabilities https://www.nelft.nhs.uk/specialist-services-for-children-with-disabilities-bsbwtk
Emotional health and wellbeing service https://www.nelft.nhs.uk/services-ewmhs
SNAP – Family Support https://www.snapcharity.org/