Updated: 30 March 2020
The situation with Coronavirus (COVID-19) is changing rapidly.
To keep yourself updated with trusted information see these websites:
For information on routine outpatient appointments and in-patient visiting hours at our local hospitals please visit:
Everyone is being reminded to follow Public Health England advice to:
- Always carry tissues with you and use them to catch your cough or sneeze. Then bin the tissue, and wash your hands, or use a sanitiser gel.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after using public transport. Use a sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
The documents below have more information on what to do to ensure that you have your medication during the outbreak.
- Patient information - how to help your pharmacy
- Frequently asked questions - ordering medicines when self isolating
- Frequently asked questions - Inhalers and Coronavirus
Links with further information:
• National Autistic Society – guidance and helpline for parents’, young people and staff: https://www.autism.org.uk/services/helplines/coronavirus/resources/information.aspx
• Mencap - Easy Read guide to Coronavirus: https://www.mencap.org.uk/sites/default/files/2020-03/Information%20about%20Coronavirus%20ER%20SS2.pdf
• Place2Be – Guide to helping parents answer questions from their children and to support family wellbeing: https://www.place2be.org.uk/about-us/news-and-blogs/2020/march/coronavirus-information-for-children/
• Young Minds - Talking to your child about Coronavirus and 10 tips from their Parents Helpline to support family wellbeing: https://youngminds.org.uk/blog/talking-to-your-child-about-coronavirus/
• Carers UK - Guidance for carers: https://www.carersuk.org/help-and-advice/health/looking-after-your-health/coronavirus-covid-19
• Covibook – an interactive resource designed to support and reassure children aged 7 and under, designed to help children explain and draw the emotions that they might be experiencing during the pandemic: https://www.mindheart.co/descargables
• Amaze - information pack for parents https://amazesussex.org.uk/faqs-about-the-coronavirus-for-parent-carers-of-children-with-send-brighton-hove/
• Public Health England have produced an easy read version of their Advice on the coronavirus for places of education. You can download it here