Find out where to go for care

Do you know where to go for medical advice and treatment if you are feeling unwell or have had an accident?

Whatever your condition this handy poster will signpost you in the right direction whether that’s your local pharmacist, GP, or Orsett Minor Injuries Unit.

The poster, which can be   downloaded here , also reminds people that Basildon Hospital A&E is for serious and life-threatening emergencies only. You should call 999 for emergencies such as choking, chest pain, blacking out, blood loss, severe bleeding, severe burns or a medical emergency.

If you are unwell, unsure, confused or need medical advice, call NHS 111. Calls to 111 are free, even from mobiles. It is available 24/7, 365 days a year. When you call 111 you will speak to a highly trained adviser, supported by healthcare professional. They will ask you a serious of question to assess your symptoms and immediately direct you to the best medical care for you.

NHS 111 is also the GP out of Hours number.

Latest Tweets