Stay well this summer

During spring and summer we enjoy warmer weather and longer days. Getting out and about is great but it can bring its own crop of health problems.

So we've put together some Stay Well this summer advice to help you choose the right NHS services and take the heat off A&E.

This section is packed with advice on summer time health-related issues covering everything from hay fever to exercise injuries and sunburn to barbecue-time food poisoning.

We want everyone to the most of the summer months but  If you do become unwell or suffer a minor injury think carefully about which is the appropriate health service to use.

A pharmacist should be your first port of call before trying to see your GP. Call NHS 111 if you urgently need medical help or advice, but it’s not a life-threatening situation. You can also call NHS 111 if you’re not sure which NHS service to use.

Orsett Minor Injury Unit (MIU) in Rowley Road, Orsett RM16 3EU provides a comprehensive nurse-led service which deals with a wide range of minor injuries. Orsett MIU is open from 10am-7.30pm Monday to Sunday and has access to X-ray Monday to Friday until 4pm. You can find more information on Orsett Minor Injury Unit here. Please note Orsett MIU does not x-ray children under seven years of age.

Please remember A&E is for serious and life-threatening
conditions and injuries only

Stay well this summer poster without crops page 001

Latest Tweets